Blue Sky Celebrant Services.

Australian Flag
Heavenly ceremonies of your own design!

Barry J Blundell CMC CFC & JP (NSW)
Professional Civil Marriage, Family & Funeral Celebrant.

Civil Celebrant for the Riverina and Snowy Mountains.

Telephone Enquiries: 02 6947 3190 or 0408 473 190
Email us by clicking here!

Marriage Ceremonies.

Legal Requirements for Marriage in Australia. CatnLach

As of Saturday 9th December 2017, in addition to hetero -sex couples being able to marry, same-sex couples may now also marry in Australia as Marriage Equality became law on Thursday 7th December 2017.

A Notice of Intended Marriage must be lodged with your celebrant at least one calendar month before your chosen ceremony date. Both parties must be aged 18 years or older and not be currently married, are divorced or widowed may be married.

Any person who is between 16 and 18 years of age can also marry, provided the other party to the marriage is at least 18 years of age. Although written permission must be gained from the under-aged person's parents and also the permission from the local courts for the marriage to proceed!

A person/s who is/are less than 18 years of age at time of submitting a "Notice Of Intended Marriage" (NOIM) to their celebrant, may marry but must have attained the age of 18 years of age, prior to their wedding date!

I conduct all marriages in English, so if either the bride, groom, spouse 1 or spouse 2 do not speak or understand English, they must source and provide their own officially authorised interpreter. (An interpreter cannot be a family member of the bride or groom. Click here to visit the Australian Government's Interpreter website.)

The two required official witnesses to your marriage must also have attained the age of 18 years of age or older and must also speak and understand English. If your wedding ceremony is a small gathering, or you do not have family or friends attending your wedding, witnesses may be arranged for you, if required.


Notice of Intended Marriage - The first step.

A completed "Notice of Intended Marriage" (NOIM) must be lodged with me or your authorised marriage celebrant within 18 months of, and no later than, one calendar month prior to your proposed wedding date. (Click image to download document)

Born in Australia? When lodging your NOIM with your celebrant, you are also required to allow your celebrant to sight and document, your original Birth Certificates, Birth Certificate Extracts or/and your Australian Passport, if born in Australia. (Only originals are acceptable!)

Born Overseas? If born outside of Australia or its territories, an original Birth Certificate or an original Overseas Passport issued by your country of birth, which has not been cancelled, is required to be shown and documented. Being able to show to your celebrant, your original "Certificate of Australian Citizenship" will also assist and will certainly be an advantage. (Only originals are acceptable!)

If you are from overseas and wish to apply for an Australian Finacee Visa, I am able to assist you in providing a letter in support of your application, if requested.

Been Married Before? If either party to the marriage has been previously married, that party must also show original documentary evidence, confirming the dissolution of the last, previous marriage of that party has taken place. (Only originals are acceptable!)

Previous Spouse is deceased? The original Death Certificate of your previous spouse, must also be shown and documented by the celebrant.. (Only originals are acceptable!)

Documents in English, please? If the documents mentioned above were not issued to you in English, then an officially sourced English translation of your document/s will be required in addition to the original documents. (Only originals are acceptable!)


Our Marriage Ceremonies.

Your choice of marriage ceremony will depend upon your wishes and requirements, your budget, the content and style of your ceremony and perhaps your chosen venue. Blue Sky Celebrant Services and I believe that "one ceremony does not fit all", so we currently offer three main levels of Marriage Ceremonies.

The choice is totally yours:


International Visitors wishing to Marry in Australia.

The same rules apply to all as determined by the 'Australian Marriage Act 1961'.

When you arrive in Australia and meet with your celebrant, you will be required to show your celebrant documentation as stated above.

On the completion of your wedding ceremony, you will be presented with your Commemorative Marriage Certificate. You will need to check with your local authorities on what documentation they require to have your Australian marriage recognized in your home country.

Many countries require you to obtain a Registered Copy of the your Official Marriage Certificate. This is issued by the 'Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages' in the State or Territory of Australia in which your marriage took place and in which your marriage has been officially registered, by your celebrant. Some countries require you to have an 'Apostile Stamp' attached to this certificate. (See the links on our 'Links' page.)


Blue Sky Celebrant Services - ABN: 59 457 783 751

A list of ceremonies we are able to conduct for you at your request are:

* Marriage Ceremonies * Name-Givings * Vow Renewals * Commitment/ Partnership * Engagements * Milestone Celebrations * Transition and Life Cycle Celebrations * Funerals * Memorials * Pet Funerals and * Justice of the Peace (NSW) witnessing services (a free community service).

Allow us to help you turn your ideas and dreams for your ceremony into a reality!

A ceremony that your family and friends will always remember!

gold heart
Having problems with our website? Please let us know by clicking here!
weddings signing
wedding walk
wedding grouppoup
© 2009 ~ Blue Sky Celebrant Services | All Rights Reserved | Updated 9th December 2017.